YOU MUST CONSIDER THE CONTEXTS AND THE PURPOSE OF EACH COMPOSER
- Spent early years in India as a lonely boy
- Took a job in Burma with the Indian Imperial police
- He became at odds with British colonial rule
- Rejected Victorian social and family values
- He viewed socialists, fascists and communists as repressive and self-serving
- Remained skeptical of governments and their willingness to forsake ideals in favour of power
- WHAT WAS ORWELL’S PURPOSE IN WRITING 1984???
- “I ran away from home… any decent human being should run away from home.” Fritz Lang
- Had an affair in Belgium… then moved to Brussells.
- Born in Vienna.
- First film viewed in 1917. In Brussells. He like dry martini.
- He was cheeky… “bluffing” for free top-ups of gin.
- He had an eye for beautiful girls.
- He worked as a free-lance photographer.
- He was fascinated by “moving pictures”. He started writing them – but did not film them himself.
- 1918 – He was sick. He was near-sighted (which is why he didn’t fight in WWI).
- He was an opportunist – and a clever negotiator.
- He acted in a play –for 1000 kronon.
- From this play – he was approached to make films in Vienna. He was employed as a “dramatorcue” (the ‘story’ writer. He had no idea about making film
- Some time after the release of Metropolis, Lang was summoned to the ‘Ministry of Propaganda’ by Goebbels (Hitelr’s right-hand-man and master of propaganda) and “offered” the position of film director of all future Nazi (propaganda) films. He responded to the job offer by fleeing to Paris.
For more resources, HINTS-N-TIPS and essay guides… you will need to register to coolstuffschool.com It’s quick and easy and free!